That Michael Thomas Moment
May 26, 2020 12:49 pm Published by Dave Scholes
What were you doing 31 years ago today?
Me, I woke up at 6am and put on a full football kit!
- The final match of the 88–89 football season
- Liverpool vs Arsenal at Anfield
- Top 2 in Division 1 (retro)
- Arsenal had to win by 2 clear goals to be champions
- Liverpool hadn’t lost in 5 months
This is BIG at 12…actually this is still BIG I remember that day as if it was yesterday. Listening to the game on a radio in a caravan, with my dad…me still in full kit.
IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE – The commentator kept saying it and I was 12, he must have known more than me!
Arsenal scored just after half time but it was NOT ENOUGH! I sat in silence…80mins…85…90…91
THEN…Lukic to Dixon…Dixon to Smith…Smith to Thomas…
‘Michael Thomas…It’s up for grabs now’…
6 months ago I sat in a room with 8 other business owners and was asked how I would feel when my business succeeds. I described that moment from 26th May 1989
- Pure joy
- Pit of the stomach emotion
- Achieving the impossible, against all the odds
- One person’s actions, making a difference to thousands
6 months on we’re not quite there yet, but John Lukic has definitely rolled the ball out to Lee Dixon. We are on our way Michael…
What’s your Michael Thomas moment?
Categorised in: Uncategorised